On 9 April 2021, the WCBS joined WADA and the World Sporting Community in celebrating #PlayTrueDay.
Since 2014, in April of every year, WADA and the anti-doping community worldwide have celebrated Play True Day — a day that is dedicated to Clean Sport and is intended to raise awareness among athletes, the sporting public and others about the importance of protecting Clean Sport.
This year’s theme was “What does Play True mean to you?”. Therefore, we invited the entire Billiards Community to join the social media campaign on 9 April 2021 through our federation social channels.
Like previous years, to engage as many stakeholders as possible, WADA has created a number of branded visuals (available in English, French and Spanish) for participants to incorporate and share their own Play True Day 2021 photos and videos. These include:
- Branded frames that can be layered onto photo or video messages;
- A Play True Pledge that can be either printed and personalized or personalized digitally for various social media platforms; and
- Various GIFs that were created for the day to be used on Instagram.
[Click here for examples and detailed instructions on how to use the above visuals]
Participants are also encouraged to:
- innovate by creating personalized What does Play True mean to you? visuals based on their specific country, language and/or sport;
- use hashtags #PlayTrue and #PlayTrueDay both in the lead-up to and on the day to extend the reach and impact of the campaign on social media; and
- follow the campaign in real time via the dedicated Play True Day social media wall on WADA’s website.
INTEGRITY, EQUALITY AND RESPECT is what #PlayTrue means to us. Tell us what it means to you!